Our goal is to ensure that the Foreign Operations Subcommittee protects programs that are designed to alleviate poverty. Specifically, our requests to the Subcommittee are to:
- Protect all effective humanitarian and poverty-focused development assistance.
- Ensure that the Subcommittee spending bill includes at least the following spending levels in the areas of food security and maternal & child health & nutrition:
Food Security & Global Agriculture:
- $1.2 billion for Feed the Future;
- $158.3 million for the Global Agriculture and Food Security Program Trust Fund;
- $80 million for Local and Regional Purchase food aid program
Maternal and Child Health & Nutrition:
- $850 million for the Maternal and Child Health account
- $235 million for Gavi, the Vaccine Alliance
- $200 million for the Nutrition account
Voice your support for life-saving effective foreign aid!
Step 1: Learn about the issues by reading this brief Overview
Step 2: Find your representative and senators, their contact information, their staff: http://capwiz.com/results/dbq/officials/
Step 3: Take action
- Call your member of Congress using our Phone Script
- Write a letter to your member of Congress using our Sample Letter
- Organize others to hand write letters and/or a petition letter to their member of Congress and then hand deliver them to your local congressional office. See the Sample Petition Letter.
- Meet with your member of Congress before, during, or after the Two Dollar Challenge and use our Sample Talk